Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2021

Tamiya 1/20 Scale Model - 1of4 - 1983 Porsche 928S - Assembly

 

Inspired to make a gift for my father based on a 1983 Porsche 928S car he owned, tuned, and raced for years. I purchased this vintage Tamiya 1/20 scale model from eBay. 

The idea was to build the car to match as close as possible to his car that he had customized over the years. For the diorama portion, my goal was to represent the car during a specific race we participated in together called the Pony Express. Held in Nevada, this race was held along a closed two lane 83 mile stretch of State Route 305 between Battle Mountain and Austin. During the race we averaged over 150 mph. Certainly one of the most exciting things I have done in my life, and I figured this would be a nostalgic project as well as a memorable keepsake for him.
 


V8 water cooled engine assembled.

Customizing the stock exhaust to a dual tipped Flowmaster.



Shaved off the door bumper that ran down the side of the car body. And the side mirrors.

Relocated the exhaust exit to the back. Added custom venting in license plate area.

Under carriage getting assembled.


No comments: