Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Venice Wargaming Board - Sloop

Armed Bermuda Sloop

Ahoy, me hearties! A large ship would add a nice centerpiece aesthetic to my Venice board. And boats are fun. I picked up a resin sloop sold by Games of War. I also have a few jolly boats and longboats from them as well. All of them are resin, constructed very well, and required very little cleanup.

The sloop's base is constructed of a large heavy piece of resin, in addition, multiple smaller resin pieces, wooden dowels, and a few misc plastic bits finish the kit. I added a magnet in the main mast so I could remove the whole mast/sails if I needed to. Which makes it easier during games to move figures around. I chose not to complete the actual sails and just left the rope rigging to suggest sails. The captain's quarters roof also is removable, and has magnets to keep in place.

I added in a pin rail detailing with rope coils along each side. Made with plastic bits and string. Each pin is a metal wire with PVA dipped at the end to create a rounded top.


Bare block of resin

Base coat done




Detail of deck, looking towards captains quarters. Added a small ladder.



Excuse my novice references to sailing terminology, I am sure I may have made mistakes.

No comments: