Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Stargrave Crew - Building

I went all in on the Stargrave Nikstarter and got the rulebook, plus all three boxes of plastic kits; Crew, Mercenaries, and Troopers. They threw in the loot pack, d20 and a Magmite. I also picked up Rogue Star Old Rogues, Explorers, Soldiers of Fortune, and Frostgrave Nullmen.

Fresh Pile of Stargrave Loot


For my first crew I decided to stick with with the official plastic kits and do some simple kitbashing to make mine unique. Went with Genestealer Cult heads for that humanoid yet still alien look. There are some GW Adeptus Mechanicus and Imperial Guard bits as well.





Two Chiselers




Trooper




Commando
Neophyte Hybrid torso, SG Trooper legs and gun.




Grenadier



Burner
SG Trooper body, IG flamer, green stuff hose.



Medic
The official metal Stargrave medic with a head swap.



Captain
Stargrave metal model with head swap.



A shout out to Proxie Models for the amazing bases. They are a small independent outfit and worthy of your support. They have a great variety of base sizes and shapes made in styrene plastic. I really prefer the low profile edges of these over the taller GW bases. For my crew, I am using the 30mm round bases. To finish the bases, I applied some random bits along with Vallejo Earth Texture Lava and Games Workshop Agrellan Earth for the cracked effect. K&J Neodymium Magnets were added to the bottom of the bases for storage.


No comments: